Acknowledgment Of Request For Medicare Medical Insurance Termination {CMS-L457} | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | Official Federal Forms

 Official Federal Forms   Centers For Medicare And Medicaid Services 
Acknowledgment Of Request For Medicare Medical Insurance Termination {CMS-L457} | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | Official Federal Forms

Last updated: 11/8/2010

Acknowledgment Of Request For Medicare Medical Insurance Termination {CMS-L457}

Start Your Free Trial $ 13.99
200 Ratings
What you get:
  • Instant access to fillable Microsoft Word or PDF forms.
  • Minimize the risk of using outdated forms and eliminate rejected fillings.
  • Largest forms database in the USA with more than 80,000 federal, state and agency forms.
  • Download, edit, auto-fill multiple forms at once in MS Word using our Forms Workflow Ribbon
  • Trusted by 1,000s of Attorneys and Legal Professionals


U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES CENTERS FOR MEDICARE & MEDICAID SERVICES OMB Approval Not Required Acknowledgment of Request for Medicare Medical Insurance Termination From: Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Date: Claim Number: You recently asked us to stop your Medicare Part B (medical insurance) protection. On the basis of your request, this coverage will stop on (mm/dd/yyyy). You are responsible for all premiums due through the end of that month. If you are currently billed for your medical insurance premiums, you should continue to promptly pay all premiums due. A late payment could cause your insurance to stop earlier than you wish. If you change your mind and decide you want to keep your Part B insurance, you can do so by completing the form below. Take it or mail it to any Social Security office before the date your coverage will stop and your protection will continue without interruption. The decision to keep or drop this protection is one that only you can make. However, to assist you with making this important decision, we urge you to carefully consider the following information. What Does Medicare Part B Cover? Medicare Part B helps cover your doctor's services, outpatient hospital care, and some other medical services that Part A does not cover, such as the services of physical and occupational therapists, and some home health services. Part B helps pay for these covered services and supplies when they are medically necessary. (Over) I would like to keep my Medicare Part B insurance coverage. PRINT NAME Social Security Number (Signature by mark must be witnessed below) Date SIGN HERE Your Mailing Address Telephone Number City State Zip Code Signature of Witness (necessary if you sign by mark) Address of Witness FORM CMS-L457 (02/03) American LegalNet, Inc. DESTROY PRIOR EDITIONS How else can I protect myself against medical expenses if I drop Medicare Part B? You may not be able to get the same amount of protection that you now have with Medicare Part B. If you are considering the purchase of private insurance, you should discuss this with your insurance representative before you drop Part B. If your income is very low, you may qualify for Medicaid which helps pay for medical and health care costs, including the Part B premium, for those who are eligible. Contact your State medical assistance office for more information. Can I still keep Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) if I drop Part B? You can keep your Medicare Part A if you are entitled to premium-free Part A or if you are a disabled person under age 65 and you pay a monthly premium for your Part A coverage. But if you are age 65 or older and you pay a monthly premium for Part A, then you cannot keep Part A if you drop Part B. Can I join a Medicare managed care plan if I drop Medicare Part B? You must have both Medicare Part A and Part B to join a Medicare managed care plan. If you are already in a Medicare managed care plan and you drop Part B, your coverage in the plan will end. How can I get Medicare Part B again if I decide I want it? You can get Part B again by signing up during January, February, or March of any year for coverage which begins the following July. But your monthly premium may be higher than if you had not dropped the insurance. The cost of Part B will go up 10% for each 12-month period that you could have had Part B but did not sign up for it, except in special cases (see next question). You will have to pay this extra amount as long as you have Part B. Do I have special re-enrollment rights if I am covered under a group health plan? If you or your spouse are working and have group health plan coverage through your or your spouse's employer or union, you may be eligible for a special enrollment period. If you are disabled and working (or you have group health plan coverage from a working family member), the special enrollment period rules also apply. You may re-enroll in Part B: · Anytime you or your spouse (or family member if you are disabled) are working and still covered under the group health plan, or · During the 8 months following the month when the employer or union group health plan coverage ends or when the employment ends, whichever happens first. Where can I get more information? If you have any questions or need more information, contact any Social Security office. You may also call Social Security's toll-free number, 1-800-772-1213. If you visit an office, take this letter with you. American LegalNet, Inc.

Related forms

Our Products