Information Sheet For Request For Order {FL-300-INFO} | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | California

 California /  Judicial Council /  Family Law - Motions /
Information Sheet For Request For Order {FL-300-INFO} | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | California

Information Sheet For Request For Order {FL-300-INFO}

This is a California form that can be used for Family Law - Motions within Judicial Council.

Alternate TextLast updated: 12/31/2019

Included Formats to Download
$ 13.99


FL-300-INFO Information Sheet for Request for Order 1 USE Request for Order (form FL-300): · To schedule a court hearing and ask the court to make new orders or to change orders in your case. The request can be about child custody, visitation (parenting time), child support, spousal or partner support, property, finances, attorney's fees and costs, or other matters. · To change or end the domestic violence restraining orders granted by the court in Restraining Order After Hearing (form DV-130). See How Do I Ask to Change or End a Domestic Violence Restraining Order (form DV-400-INFO) for more information. 2 DO NOT USE Request for Order (form FL-300): · Before you have filed a Petition to start your case (form FL-300 may be filed with the Petition). · If you and the other party have an agreement. For information about how to write up your agreement, get it approved by the court, and filed in your case, see, speak with an attorney, or get help at your court's Self-Help Center or Family Law Facilitator's Office. · When specific Judicial Council forms must be used to ask the court for orders. For example, to ask: ­For a domestic violence restraining order, use forms DV-100, DV-109, and DV-110. ­For an order for contempt, use form FL-410. ­To set aside a child support order, use form FL-360 or form FL-640. ­To set aside a voluntary declaration of paternity, use form FL-280. 3 Forms checklist a. Form FL-300, Request for Order, is the basic form you need to file with the court. Depending on your request, you may need these additional forms: b. To request child custody or visitation (parenting time) orders, you may need to complete some of these forms: FL-105, Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act FL-311, Child Custody and Visitation (Parenting Time) Application Attachment FL-312, Request for Child Abduction Prevention Orders FL-341(C), Children's Holiday Schedule Attachment FL-341(D), Additional Provisions--Physical Custody Attachment FL-341(E), Joint Legal Custody Attachment c. If you want child support, you need this form: A current FL-150, Income and Expense Declaration. You may use form FL-155, Financial Statement (Simplified) instead of form FL-150 if you meet the requirements listed on page 2 of form FL-155. d. If you want spousal or partner support or orders about your finances, you need these forms: A current FL-150, Income and Expense Declaration FL-157, Spousal or Partner Support Declaration Attachment (or provide the information in a declaration) e. If you want attorney's fees and costs, you need these forms: A current FL-150, Income and Expense Declaration FL-319, Request for Attorney's Fees and Costs Attachment (or provide the information in a declaration) FL-158, Supporting Declaration for Attorney's Fees and Costs (or provide the information in a declaration) f. To request temporary emergency (ex parte) orders, you need: FL-305, Temporary Emergency Orders to serve as the proposed temporary emergency orders. Your declaration describing how and when you gave notice about the request for temporary emergency orders. You may use form FL-303, Declaration Regarding Notice and Service of Request for Temporary Emergency (Ex Parte) Orders. Other forms required by local courts. See item 9 on page 3 of this form for more information. g. If you plan to have witnesses testify at the hearing, you need form: FL-321, Witness List h. If you want to request a separate trial (bifurcation) on an issue, you need form: FL-315, Request or Response to Request for Separate Trial Form Approved for Optional Use Judicial Council of California Revised July 1, 2016 Information Sheet for Request for Order (Family Law) FL-300-INFO, Page 1 of 4 American LegalNet, Inc. FL-300-INFO Information Sheet for Request for Order 4 Complete form FL-300 (Page 1) Caption: Complete the top portion with your name, address, and telephone number, and the court address. Next, write the name of the Petitioner, Respondent, or Other Parent/Party (You must use the party names as they appear in the petition that was originally filed with the court). Then, write the case number. In the next section, check "CHANGE" if you want to change an existing order. Check "TEMPORARY EMERGENCY (EX PARTE) ORDER" if you are asking that the court make emergency orders that will be effective until the hearing date. Then, check all the boxes that apply to the orders you are requesting. Item 1: List the name(s) of the other person(s) in your case who will receive your request. In some cases, this might include a grandparent who is joined as a party in the case, a local child support agency, or a lawyer who represents a child in the case. Item 2: Leave this blank. The court clerk will fill in the date, time, and location of the hearing. Item 3: This is a notice to all other parties. Items 4­5: Leave these blank. The court will complete them if the orders are granted. Note: You may file one form FL-150 to respond to items 3, 4, and 6. 7 File your documents Give your paperwork and the copies you made to the court clerk to process. You may take them to the clerk's office in person, mail them, or, in some counties, you can e-file them. The clerk will keep the original and give you back the copies you made with a court date and time stamped on the first page of the Request for Order. The procedure may be different in some courts if you are requesting temporary emergency orders. Pay filing fees A fee is due at the time of filing. If you cannot afford to pay the filing fee, and you do not already have a valid fee waiver order in this case, you can ask the court to waive the fee by completing and filing form FW-001, Request to Waive Court Fees and form FW-003, Order on Court Fee Waiver. FL-300-INFO, Page 2 of 4 American LegalNet, Inc. Item 6: In some counties, the court clerk will check item 6 and provide the details for your required child custody mediation or recommending counseling appointment. Other courts require the party or the party's lawyer to make the appointment and then complete item 6 before filing form FL-300. Ask your court's Family Law Facilitator or Self-Help Center to find out what your court requires. Items: Leave these blank. The court will 7­8: complete them, if needed. 5 6 Complete form FL-300 (pages 2­4) Complete additional forms and make copies Complete any additional forms that you need to fi

Our Products