Order To Guardian Of An Adult | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | Arizona

 Arizona   Local County   Mohave   Superior Court   Guardianship Conservatorship 
Order To Guardian Of An Adult | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | Arizona

Last updated: 7/17/2023

Order To Guardian Of An Adult

Start Your Free Trial $ 5.99
200 Ratings
What you get:
  • Instant access to fillable Microsoft Word or PDF forms.
  • Minimize the risk of using outdated forms and eliminate rejected fillings.
  • Largest forms database in the USA with more than 80,000 federal, state and agency forms.
  • Download, edit, auto-fill multiple forms at once in MS Word using our Forms Workflow Ribbon
  • Trusted by 1,000s of Attorneys and Legal Professionals


FOR CLERK'S USE ONLY Form 2. Order to Guardian and Acknowledgement and Information to Interested Persons Name of Person Filing: _________________________________________ Address: _________________________________________ City, State, Zip Code: _________________________________________ Telephone Number: _________________________________________ Attorney Bar Number (if applicable): __________________________________ Licensed Fiduciary Number (if applicable):_______________________________ Representing: Self or Attorney for: _______________________________ IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF ARIZONA IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF MOHAVE In the Matter of the Guardianship of Case Number __________________ ___________________________________ Ward's Name ORDER TO GUARDIAN AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND INFORMATION TO INTERESTED PERSONS (Assigned to the Honorable A Minor An Adult __________________________________ Judicial Officer) Warning: this appointment is not effective until the Letters of Appointment have been issued by the Clerk of the Superior Court. The welfare and best interest of the person named above ("your ward") are matters of great concern to this Court. By accepting appointment as guardian, you have subjected yourself to the power and supervision of the Court. Therefore, to assist you in the performance of your duties, this order is entered. You are required to be guided by it and comply with its provisions as it relates to your duties as guardian of your ward as follows: 1. You have powers and responsibilities similar to those of a parent of a minor child, except that you are not legally obligated to contribute to the support of your ward from your own funds. Unless the Order appointing you provides otherwise, your duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) making appropriate arrangements to see that your ward's personal needs (such as food, clothing, and shelter) are met. You are responsible for making decisions concerning your ward's educational, social, and religious activities. If your ward is 14 years of age or older, you must take into account the ward's preferences to the extent they are known to you or can be discovered with a reasonable amount of effort. You are responsible for making decisions concerning your ward's medical needs. Such decisions include (but are not limited to) the decision to place your ward in a nursing home or other health care facility and the employment of doctors, nurses, or other professionals to provide for your ward's health care needs. However, you are to use the least restrictive means and environment available that meets your ward's needs. Page 1 of 4 American LegalNet, Inc. www.FormsWorkFlow.com 2. 3. 4. Effective January 1, 2017 Revised December 6, 2016 Case No.______________________________ 5. You may arrange for medical care to be provided even if your ward does not wish to have it, but you may not place your ward in an inpatient psychiatric facility against your ward's will unless the Court specifically has authorized you to consent to such placement. You may handle small amounts of money or property belonging to your ward without being appointed conservator. A "small amount" means that the ward does not receive income (from all sources) exceeding $10,000 per year, does not accumulate excess funds exceeding that amount, and does not own real property. If more than these amounts come into your possession, or are accumulated by you, you are required to petition the Court for the appointment of a conservator. If you handle any money or property belonging to your ward, you have a duty to do each of the following: a. Care for and protect your ward's personal effects; b. c. d. Apply any monies you receive for your ward's current support, care, and education needs; Conserve any excess funds not so spent for your ward's future needs; Maintain your ward's funds in a separate account, distinct from your own and identified as belonging to the ward; Maintain records of all of the ward's property received and expended during the period of the guardianship; Account to your ward or your ward's successors at the termination of the guardianship; and Not to purchase, lease, borrow, or use your ward's property or money for your benefit or anyone else's, without prior Court approval. 6. 7. e. f. g. 8. You shall not accept any compensation of any kind for placing your ward in a particular nursing home or other care facility, using a certain doctor, or using a certain lawyer. "Compensation" includes, but is not limited to, direct or indirect payments of money, "kickbacks", gifts, favors, and other kinds of personal benefits. If you believe a certain placement or service, that might otherwise be considered self-dealing or a conflict of interest, is in the best interest of your ward, you must document to the Court your reasoning for selecting such placement or service and obtain Court approval. You will need to obtain a certified copy of the Letters of Appointment that are issued to you by the Clerk of the Superior Court. Your certified copy is proof of your authority to act as guardian of your ward, and you should have this document available when acting on behalf of your ward. You may need to obtain additional (or updated) copies from time to time for delivery to, or inspection by, the people with whom you are dealing. You are required to report annually, in writing, with respect to your ward's residence, physical and mental health, whether there still is a need for a guardian, and (if there is no conservator) your ward's financial situation. Your report is due each year on the anniversary date of the issuance of your Letters of Appointment as permanent guardian. If your ward's physical address changes, you shall notify the Court by updating the Probate Information Form within three (3) days of learning of the change in your ward's physical address. If your ward is hospitalized or dies, it is your duty to notify family members. If your ward dies, you shall notify the Court in writing of the ward's death within ten (10) days of learning that the ward has died. Page 2 of 4 American LegalNet, Inc. www.FormsWorkFlow.com 9. 10. 11. Effective January 1, 2017 Revised December 6, 2016 Case No.______________________________ 12. You are responsible to foster contact between the ward and persons who have a significant relationship with the ward. You must be conscious at all times of the needs and best interests of your ward. If the circumstances th

Related forms

Our Products