Last updated: 6/3/2014
1.06. Deadlocked Jury (follow up to 1.05)Start Your Free Trial $ 13.99
What you get:
- Instant access to fillable Microsoft Word or PDF forms.
- Minimize the risk of using outdated forms and eliminate rejected fillings.
- Largest forms database in the USA with more than 80,000 federal, state and agency forms.
- Download, edit, auto-fill multiple forms at once in MS Word using our Forms Workflow Ribbon
- Trusted by 1,000s of Attorneys and Legal Professionals
1.06 Deadlocked Jury (Follow Up to 1.05) In a large proportion of cases absolute certainty cannot be expected nor does the law require it. If you fail to agree on a verdict the case must be retried. Any future jury must be selected in the same manner as you were chosen. There is no reason to believe that the case would ever be submitted to another jury more competent to decide it, or that the case can be tried any better or more exhaustively than it has been here, or that more or clearer evidence could be produced on behalf of any party. You should now retire and reconsider the evidence in light of the court's instructions. New 10/08