Application For Duplicate Title {MV-902} | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | New York

 New York /  Statewide /  Department Of Motor Vehicles /
Application For Duplicate Title {MV-902} | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | New York

Application For Duplicate Title {MV-902}

This is a New York form that can be used for Department Of Motor Vehicles within Statewide.

Alternate TextLast updated: 3/30/2016

Included Formats to Download
$ 13.99


APPLICATION FOR DUPLICATE TITLE TITLE BUREAU PO Box 2750 Albany NY 12220-0750 If any of the statements below apply to this application, mark the box of each statement that applies and complete Section 1 and Section 2 below. If there is no statement that applies, go to "Instructions" below: Last, First, Middle Initial o The address is a NEW ADDRESS. o The OWNER NAME HAS CHANGED. Enter NEW name: o The OWNER IS DECEASED. o The OWNER HAS GIVEN POWER OF ATTORNEY. o Included with this application is an original LIEN RELEASE that is signed and includes a date. (Photocopies are not accepted.) INSTRUCTIONS: u u u u Complete Section 1 below. Provide all requested information. Read, sign and enter the date in Section 2 - Certification. Provide the required proof of identity for the person who signs the certification in Section 2 (see Section 3 on page 2). If your name has changed, the owner is deceased, or if you have Power of Attorney, provide the required documentation that is described in Section 4 on page 2. Provide a separate $20 fee for each application. u u Bring this application with your ORIGINAL proof of identity documents and the correct fee to any Motor Vehicles office. If Section 4 applies to you, bring the required documentation. OR Mail this application with PHOTOCOPIES of your proof of identity, any additional documentation (if required under Section 4) and the correct fee to the Title Bureau at the address shown on the top of this page. Pay with a check or money order payable to "Commissioner of Motor Vehicles", do not mail cash. OR If your address has not changed since you last registered the vehicle and your current address is on your registration, you can apply for a duplicate title on-line. For more information visit È SECTION 1 CUSTOMER MUST COMPLETE SECTIONS 1 and 2 BELOW Year Make License Plate No. È Vehicle or Hull Identification Number (VIN or HIN) Owner's Name (Last, First, M.I.) Date of Birth (Month/Day/Year) / C/O (applies if Power of Attorney or dealer authorization is shown or the owner is deceased) Current Mailing Address (Number and Street) City Apt. Number State / Daytime Telephone Number ( ) Zip Code SECTION 2 -- CERTIFICATION I understand that the DUPLICATE CERTIFICATE OF TITLE that I will receive as a result of this application replaces all previously issued titles, and that only this duplicate title may be used to sell, transfer or trade the above vehicle, boat or manufactured home. I certify that the Certificate of Title for the vehicle, boat or manufactured home described above, and last issued in the owner's name, has been lost, destroyed or damaged. If lost or destroyed, I do not know where it is; if damaged, I have enclosed it with this application. I certify that the information I have given on this application is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that knowingly making a false statement on this application is a misdemeanor according to Article 210 of the Penal Law and Section 392 of the Vehicle and Traffic Law. SIGN HERE ç _____________________________________________________________ (Signature of Owner or Applicant) _____________________________ (Date) __________________________________________________________________________________________________ If you sign for a corporation or use an "in care of" address, print your full name and your title here (i.e. Power of Attorney, Executor, Next of Kin, President, etc.) IMPORTANT: ACCORDING TO LAW, THE DUPLICATE CERTIFICATE OF TITLE MUST BE MAILED TO THE OWNER. DO NOT VISIT DMV TO GET THE DUPLICATE TITLE. MV-902 (12/15) American LegalNet, Inc. PAGE 1 OF 2 SECTION 3 - PROOFOFNAME/IDENTITY If you apply by mail, remember to mail copies of your proofs. Originals will not be returned. For Persons u u Proof of date of birth, and 6 points of proof of name } A NYS photo driver license, learner permit, or non-driver ID card that is current or that expired no more than 2 years ago will meet both requirements. Other acceptable documents for proof of identity and their related point values are listed on form ID-82 (Proofs of Identity for Registration and Title) which is available at and any Motor Vehicles office. For Corporations (show one of the following proofs) A NYS vehicle registration or a title certificate in the name of the corporation; or A certified copy of the NYS Certificate of Incorporation; or New York State corporations must provide: a. a certificate of good standing or subsisting issued by the NYS Department of State; or b. a filing receipt issued by the NYS Department of State. 4. Out-of-state corporations must provide: a. a certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation from their home state; or b. a certificate of subsisting or foreign bid issued by the NYS Department of State. 5. Corporate DBAs must provide a filing receipt from the NYS Department of State that includes the DBA. 6. Unincorporated associations: The proofs that are required depend on the type of organization. Contact a Motor Vehicles office for information. For Partnerships (show one of the following proofs) u A Certificate of Partnership (filed with the County Clerk); or u A copy of the DBA filing receipt issued by the County Clerk. 1. 2. 3. SECTION 4 - SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR NAME CHANGE, OWNER DECEASED OR POWER OF ATTORNEY Name Change 1. At the top of page 1 mark the box "OWNER NAME HAS CHANGED" and enter your new name in the space provided to the right. 2. In Section 1, enter your former name in the "Owner's Name" box and complete the remaining boxes in Section 1. 3. In Section 2, sign the Certification and write the date. If your name has changed and you sell the vehicle, boat or manufactured home, you can give the title with your former name to the person who purchases the vehicle. A title in your new name is not required. If your former name is on the title and registration and you need a duplicate title in your new name, you must first change your name on your driver license and registration. Bring this application AND original marriage certificate, divorce certificate or other documents that confirm your name change to any Motor Vehicles office. If your former name is on the title but the vehicle is NOT registered and you need a title in your new name, you MUST mail this application AND a photocopy of your marriage certificate, divorce certificate or other documents that confirm your name change to the Title Bureau at the address shown at

Our Products