Non Parent Custodial Application For Services {04-1017D} | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | Alaska

 Alaska /  Statewide /  Child Support Services Division /
Non Parent Custodial Application For Services {04-1017D} | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | Alaska

Non Parent Custodial Application For Services {04-1017D}

This is a Alaska form that can be used for Child Support Services Division within Statewide.

Alternate TextLast updated: 9/20/2012

Included Formats to Download
$ 39.99


STATE OF ALASKA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES DIVISION THIRD PARTY CUSTODIAN'S APPLICATION FOR SERVICES Third party custodians must complete an application for services to obtain Child Support Services Division (CSSD) services. CSSD can then establish paternity, establish child support and medical support orders, and enforce or modify existing support orders, even if the noncustodial parents live in another state. CSSD charges no fees, although the cost of determining paternity may be charged to the father. CSSD collects and distributes payments from noncustodial parents; we do not provide the child support funds. When child support is established by CSSD in an administrative order, the amount is calculated based on the Alaska Supreme Court child support rule, Civil Rule 90.3. The application and a "Statement of Support Received" must be completed for each parent and signed separately. Additional information about the application, your responsibilities, CSSD services, and public assistance is found on the next three pages of this application packet. If an existing order from a court, from CSSD, or from another child support agency mentions child support, custody, visitation, or parental rights, include it with your application. If you or the children have been victims of domestic violence, you may ask that your location be kept confidential by completing the "Affidavit and Request for Address Confidentiality" on page 12. After you have submitted your application, your case will be set up within 20 days. It may take 60 days or more to make progress toward establishing or enforcing an order. During that time, contact us if you have additional information or important questions. Our automated KIDSLINE provides answers to common questions and allows you to access payment information and leave messages for caseworkers. Also, you may visit one of our offices or go to our web page at for more information. Please let us know if you need assistance or other accommodations to use our services. KIDSLINE: (907) 269-6900 TDD machine: (907) 269-6894 Statewide ­ Main Office 550 W 7th Ave Suite 310 Anchorage AK 99501-6699 (907) 269-6900 Southeast 240 Main Street, First Floor PO Box 110402 Juneau AK 9981-0402 (907) 465-5887 CSSD 04-1017D (Rev. 01/03/12) (14 pp.) KIDSLINE Toll Free (in Alaska): 1-800-478-3300 TDD machine Toll Free (in Alaska): 1-800-370-6894 Fairbanks 675 7th Ave Station J2 Fairbanks AK 99701-4531 (907) 451-2830 Mat-Su 845 W Commercial Dr Wasilla AK 99654-6937 (907) 357-3550 Mailing address for payments CSSD PO Box 100380 Anchorage AK 99510-0380 Third party custodian's Application for Services Page 1 of 14 American LegalNet, Inc. STATE OF ALASKA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES DIVISION INFORMATION ABOUT CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES Child Support Services You are required to provide your social security number to CSSD. This is mandatory under federal law at 42 USC Section 405 (c)(2)(C). Your social security number will be used by CSSD to identify and locate you for the purposes of establishing paternity and establishing, modifying and enforcing support obligations. You will be asked for your social security number when you call CSSD so we can identify your case. We may also ask for your social security number on forms you may need to complete in order for CSSD to help you. CSSD provides child support services for parents or third-party custodians. CSSD can: collect and distribute child support payments; establish paternity; establish child support and medical support orders; enforce child support orders, even if the paying parent is not in Alaska; modify support orders if there is good reason; require banks, employers, the Permanent Fund, and others to withhold the paying parent's income or assets; attach IRS tax refunds to collect child support; and provide interstate services when parents move to other states. enforce medical support orders. There is no fee for these services, although the costs of determining paternity may be charged to the father. CSSD cannot monitor or modify visitation or custody orders; a court must address those matters. Child Support Payments Support orders established by CSSD begin with the month CSSD receives the application, unless the children received public assistance earlier. Once CSSD receives an application, all support payments must be made through CSSD unless a court order provides otherwise. If a custodian receives a direct payment before the case is set up, the custodian must tell CSSD, in writing, how much was received and when. Money collected by CSSD is paid to the custodian, unless the custodian or the child is receiving or has received public assistance. In those cases, the state debt must be repaid. Establishing Paternity If paternity has not been established and child support is requested, CSSD will establish paternity. This generally occurs when a child is born to unmarried parents. If the child was born in Alaska, parents can contact the Bureau of Vital Statistics to complete an affidavit if they agree about paternity. If the child was born in another state, they must contact that state for assistance. If they disagree, CSSD will require genetic tests to determine paternity. The man who proves to be the biological father may be required to pay for genetic tests and related costs. CSSD 04-1017D (Rev. 08/05/09) (14 pp.) Third party custodian's Application for Services Page 2 of 14 American LegalNet, Inc. Establishing Support Orders CSSD calculates child support using the Child Support Guidelines in Alaska Supreme Court Rule of Civil Procedure 90.3. This rule requires that the child support obligation be a percentage of the adjusted annual income of the noncustodial parent based on the number of children in the support order. Parties can ask for exceptions. If a parent does not provide income information, CSSD will use the best information available to determine the parent's income from all sources. We use an "Administrative Child Support Order" when we issue a child support or medical support order. Either party can appeal the findings in that order and present evidence. After an administrative review, we may change those findings. Either party may appeal the CSSD decision to the Office of Administrative Hearings Administrative Law Judge. Either party may then appeal the Administrative Law Judge's decision to the superior court. Enforcing S

Our Products