Sealing Your Juvenile Records {VN089} | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | California

 California /  Local County /  Ventura /  Criminal /
Sealing Your Juvenile Records {VN089} | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | California

Sealing Your Juvenile Records {VN089}

This is a California form that can be used for Criminal within Local County, Ventura.

Alternate TextLast updated: 7/14/2016

Included Formats to Download
$ 13.99


VN089 SEALING YOUR JUVENILE RECORD If you were arrested or cited for any offense as a juvenile (before age 18), you may apply to have your juvenile record sealed if: 1. 2. You are now 18 years old or older, or Your case was closed or your probation grant ended more than five years ago. The Court cannot and will not seal your juvenile records if: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. You were convicted of an offense listed in Section 707(b) of the Welfare and Institutions Code and you were 14 years of age or older at the time of the conviction. You are now on juvenile or adult probation or parole, or you have any cases pending in Court or there are other circumstances which would indicated rehabilitation has not been attained to the satisfaction of the court; or You have been convicted of any felony as an adult; or You have been convicted of any misdemeanor involving moral issues as an adult, such as theft, sex offenses, drug use, or drug possession. Are there any pending civil actions relating to this criminal case? You have any open or pending cases. No Yes Civil Case No.____________________ If you qualify under all of the above, fill out the attached form. Questions about whether you qualify may be directed to Ventura Probation Agency at 654-2132. This is a legal document. It must be completed in a legible manner. Follow these instructions exactly: Enter your name and address if you are acting as your own attorney. Enter your telephone number. Enter the case name: IN THE MATTER OF THE MINOR (your name): Enter the case number (if you know it). The next eight lines are for current information- the name you are using now, and your current identifying information. If you do not have an attorney now, leave that space blank. The next boxes are for all the arrests of citations you had as a juvenile, but only in Ventura County. "DATE" is the date (as close as possible) that you were arrested or cited. "AGENCY" is the police department that arrested or cited you. "VIOLATION" is what you were arrested or cited for. You do not need to know the code number, just the name of the offense, like `auto theft,' `possession of alcohol,' curfew,' `driving without a license,' etc. "DISPOSITION" is what happened as a result of your offense, such as `work assignment', `fine,' `informal probation,' `Juvenile Justice Facility,' etc. Be as complete as possible in this section. You may not attach a printed copy of your arrest record instead of filling in this section of the form. We can only seal the offenses we know about, and we can only ask the police agencies to seal the cases you list on this form. If you need more space attach a second sheet of paper with the additional information. If you had arrests in another county, apply for sealing there also. You must sign and date the form. No one else can apply for sealing your record. Return the completed form along with the fee of $120.00 (if 26 years of age or older) to: Ventura Superior Court, Juvenile Courthouse P. O. Box 6489 Ventura, Ca., 93006-6489 4353 E. Vineyard Ave., Room 122, Oxnard, Ca., 93036 Filing fees are not refundable if it is determined that you are ineligible to have your record sealed or if your petition to seal your juvenile record is denied. If you cannot afford to pay the filing fee, you may apply for a fee waiver. Applications are available in the Clerk's office at the address noted above. The Court must order sealing of juvenile record, and it can take several months to complete the process. You may not have to appear in Court. You will be notified of the Court's decision by mail. If your record is sealed, no one can find out about your juvenile record unless you tell them about it: except your Department of Motor Vehicles' record cannot be sealed from insurance companies. Insurance companies can obtain copies of sealed DMV records in order to set policy rates and determine insurance eligibility. If you have any questions, you may call 805-289-8820. Mandatory Form VN089 (Rev. 07/16) American LegalNet, Inc.

Our Products