Workers Compensation Insurance Affidavit - Building Plumbing Electrical Contractors | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | Massachusetts

 Massachusetts /  Workers Comp /
Workers Compensation Insurance Affidavit - Building Plumbing Electrical Contractors | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | Massachusetts

Workers Compensation Insurance Affidavit - Building Plumbing Electrical Contractors

This is a Massachusetts form that can be used for Workers Comp.

Alternate TextLast updated: 4/13/2015

Included Formats to Download
$ 13.99


The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Industrial Accidents Office of Investigations 1 Congress Street, Suite 100 Boston, MA 02114-2017 Workers' Compensation Insurance Affidavit: Builders/Contractors/Electricians/Plumbers Applicant Information Please Print Legibly Name (Business/Organization/Individual):_________________________________________________ _ Address:__________________________________________________________________________ City/State/Zip:_____________________________ Phone #:________________________________ Are you an employer? Check the appropriate box: 4. I am a general contractor and I 1. I am a employer with _________ have hired the sub-contractors employees (full and/or part-time).* listed on the attached sheet. 2. I am a sole proprietor or partnerThese sub-contractors have ship and have no employees employees and have workers' working for me in any capacity. comp. insurance. [No workers' comp. insurance 5. We are a corporation and its required.] officers have exercised their 3. I am a homeowner doing all work right of exemption per MGL myself. [No workers' comp. c. 152, §1(4), and we have no insurance required.] employees. [No workers' comp. insurance required.] Type of project (required): 6. 7. 8. New construction Remodeling Demolition 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. Building addition Electrical repairs or additions Plumbing repairs or additions Roof repairs Other____________________ *Any applicant that checks box #1 must also fill out the section below showing their workers' compensation policy information. Homeowners who submit this affidavit indicating they are doing all work and then hire outside contractors must submit a new affidavit indicating such. Contractors that check this box must attached an additional sheet showing the name of the sub-contractors and state whether or not those entities have employees. If the sub-contractors have employees, they must provide their workers' comp. policy number. I am an employer that is providing workers' compensation insurance for my employees. Below is the policy and job site information. Insurance Company Name:____________________________________________________________________________ Policy # or Self-ins. Lic. #:__________________________________________ Expiration Date:____________________ Job Site Address: City/State/Zip:______________________ Attach a copy of the workers' compensation policy declaration page (showing the policy number and expiration date). Failure to secure coverage as required under Section 25A of MGL c. 152 can lead to the imposition of criminal penalties of a fine up to $1,500.00 and/or one-year imprisonment, as well as civil penalties in the form of a STOP WORK ORDER and a fine of up to $250.00 a day against the violator. Be advised that a copy of this statement may be forwarded to the Office of Investigations of the DIA for insurance coverage verification. I do hereby certify under the pains and penalties of perjury that the information provided above is true and correct. Signature: Dat e: Phone #: Official use only. Do not write in this area, to be completed by city or town official. City or Town: ___________________________________ Permit/License #_________________________________ Issuing Authority (circle one): 1. Board of Health 2. Building Department 3. City/Town Clerk 4. Electrical Inspector 5. Plumbing Inspector 6. Other ______________________________ Contact Person:_________________________________________ Phone #:_________________________________ American LegalNet, Inc. Information and Instructions Massachusetts General Laws chapter 152 requires all employers to provide workers' compensation for their employees. Pursuant to this statute, an employee is defined as "...every person in the service of another under any contract of hire, express or implied, oral or written." An employer is defined as "an individual, partnership, association, corporation or other legal entity, or any two or more of the foregoing engaged in a joint enterprise, and including the legal representatives of a deceased employer, or the receiver or trustee of an individual, partnership, association or other legal entity, employing employees. However the owner of a dwelling house having not more than three apartments and who resides therein, or the occupant of the dwelling house of another who employs persons to do maintenance, construction or repair work on such dwelling house or on the grounds or building appurtenant thereto shall not because of such employment be deemed to be an employer." MGL chapter 152, §25C(6) also states that "every state or local licensing agency shall withhold the issuance or renewal of a license or permit to operate a business or to construct buildings in the commonwealth for any applicant who has not produced acceptable evidence of compliance with the insurance coverage required." Additionally, MGL chapter 152, §25C(7) states "Neither the commonwealth nor any of its political subdivisions shall enter into any contract for the performance of public work until acceptable evidence of compliance with the insurance requirements of this chapter have been presented to the contracting authority." Applicants Please fill out the workers' compensation affidavit completely, by checking the boxes that apply to your situation and, if necessary, supply sub-contractor(s) name(s), address(es) and phone number(s) along with their certificate(s) of insurance. Limited Liability Companies (LLC) or Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP) with no employees other than the members or partners, are not required to carry workers' compensation insurance. If an LLC or LLP does have employees, a policy is required. Be advised that this affidavit may be submitted to the Department of Industrial Accidents for confirmation of insurance coverage. Also be sure to sign and date the affidavit. The affidavit should be returned to the city or town that the application for the permit or license is being requested, not the Department of Industrial Accidents. Should you have any questions regarding the law or if you are required to obtain a workers' compensation policy, please call the Department at the number listed below. Self-insured companies should enter their self-insurance license number on the appropriate line. City or Town Officials Please be sure that the affidavit is complete and printed legibly. The Department has provided a space at the bottom of the affidavit for you to fil

Our Products