Counterclaim {JP-155} | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | Arizona

 Arizona /  Local County /  Pima /  Justice Court /  Civil /
Counterclaim {JP-155} | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | Arizona

Counterclaim {JP-155}

This is a Arizona form that can be used for Civil within Local County, Pima, Justice Court.

Alternate TextLast updated: 12/29/2016

Included Formats to Download
$ 13.99


PIMA COUNTY CONSOLIDATED JUSTICE COURT 240 N. Stone Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85701 (520) 724-3171 PLAINTIFF CASE NO. ____________________________ DEFENDANT COUNTERCLAIM (Name/Address/Phone): (Name/Address/Phone): The Defendant having filed an answer to the Plaintiff's Complaint in this case, also files a Counterclaim against the Plaintiff as follows: ____________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________ THEREFORE, Defendant/Counterclaimant asks for Judgment against Plaintiff in the sum of $________________, with interest (at the legal rate from date of Judgment) until paid, plus all costs of this suit. I state under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct. Date: ______________________________________________ Defendant's Signature PLAINTIFF: IF YOU FAIL TO FILE A REPLY TO THE COUNTERCLAIM, JUDGMENT MAY BE ENTERED AGAINST YOU AS REQUESTED IN THE COUNTERCLAIM. JP155 (Rev 08-11-14 Original-Court Canary-Court w/Return Pink-Plaintiff Gold-Defendant American LegalNet, Inc. CASE NO CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE DATE RECEIVED: PERSON SERVED: DATE SERVED TIME SERVED LOCATION WHERE SERVED: HOW SERVED: PRECINCT, COUNTY I certify that I personally served this document and a copy of the Complaint in this action as stated above. CONSTABLE/PROCESS SERVER STATEMENT OF COSTS Service Fee $ Mileage Fee $ Other $ TOTAL $ American LegalNet, Inc. Notice to the Defendant: A lawsuit has been filed against you in justice court! You have rights and responsibilities in this lawsuit. Read this notice carefully. 1. In a justice court lawsuit, individuals have a right to represent themselves, or they may hire an attorney to represent them. A family member or a friend cannot represent someone in justice court unless the family member or friend is an attorney. A corporation has a right to be represented by an officer of the corporation, and a limited liability company ("LLC") can be represented by a managing member. A corporation or an LLC can also be represented by an attorney. If you represent yourself, you have the responsibility to properly complete your court papers and to file them when they are due. The clerks and staff at the court are not allowed to give you legal advice. If you would like legal advice, you may ask the court for the name and phone number of a local lawyer referral service, the local bar association, or a legal aid organization. 2. You have a responsibility to follow the Justice Court Rules of Civil Procedure ("JCRCP") that apply in your lawsuit. The rules are available in many public libraries, at the courthouse, and online at the Court Rules page of the Arizona Judicial Branch website, at , under the "AZ Supreme Court" tab. 3. A "plaintiff" is someone who files a lawsuit against a "defendant." You must file an answer or other response to the plaintiff's complaint in writing and within twenty (20) days from the date you were served with the summons and complaint (or thirty (30) days if you were served out-of-state.) If you do not file an answer within this time, the plaintiff can ask the court to enter a "default" and a "default judgment" against you. Your answer must state your defenses to the lawsuit. Answer forms are available at the courthouse, and on the Self-Service Center of the Arizona Judicial Branch website at under the "Public Services" tab. You may prepare your answer electronically at ; this requires payment of an additional fee. You may also prepare your answer on a plain sheet of paper, but your answer must include the court location, the case number and the names of the parties. You must provide to the plaintiff a copy of any document that you file with the court, including your answer. 4. You may bring a claim against the plaintiff if you have one. When you file your answer or written response with the court, you can also file your "counterclaim" against the plaintiff. 5. You must pay a filing fee to the court when you file your answer. If you cannot afford to pay a filing fee, you may apply to the court for a fee waiver or deferral, but you must still file your answer on time. 6. You may contact the plaintiff or the plaintiff's attorney and try to reach an agreement to settle the lawsuit. However, until an agreement is reached you must still file your answer and participate in the lawsuit. During the lawsuit, the court may require the parties to discuss settlement. 7. Within forty (40) days after your answer has been filed, you and the plaintiff are required to provide a disclosure statement to each other. The disclosure statement provides information about witnesses and exhibits that will be used in the lawsuit. A party may also learn more about the other side's case through discovery. Read the Justice Court Rules of Civil Procedure for more information about disclosure statements and discovery. 8. The court will notify you of all hearing dates and trial dates. You must appear at the time and place specified in each notice. If you fail to appear at a trial or a hearing, the court may enter a judgment against you. To assure that you receive these notices, you must keep the court informed, in writing, of your current address and telephone number until the lawsuit is over. American LegalNet, Inc.

Our Products