Michigan > Statewide > Liquor Control Commission > General Licensing

Application For Special License For Sale Of Beer And Wine Only And Or Beer Wine And Spirits For Consumption On The Premises LC 510 - Michigan

Application For Special License For Sale Of Beer And Wine Only And Or Beer Wine And Spirits For Consumption On The Premises Form. This is a Michigan form and can be used in General Licensing Liquor Control Commission Statewide .
 Fillable pdf Last Modified 7/29/2011
Get this form for FREE as a print-only pdf

Print Form Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs MICHIGAN LIQUOR CONTROL COMMISSION (MLCC) 7150 Harris Drive - P.O. Box 30005 - Lansing, MI 48909-7505 (517)322-1326 or (517)322-6362 APPLICATION FOR SPECIAL LICENSE for SALE OF BEER AND WINE ONLY and/or BEER, WINE AND SPIRITS for CONSUMPTION ON THE PREMISES GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS NOTICE: PROCESSING REQUIRES AT LEAST TEN (10) WORKING DAYS These general instructions apply to PARTS I AND II of the Application for a Special License and PARTS III AND IV, when required. Each part of the Application for a Special License also has more specific instructions which must be followed. The Licensing Process To ensure timely processing of this application, please double-check all required information. The Commission requires at least TEN (10) WORKING DAYS to process the application. The Commission's offices are open to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays. A special license is issued only to non-profit organizations. If your organization has not previously been approved by the MLCC, or is not presently licensed by the Commission, you must submit proof of your non-profit status (for example, your charter, by-laws, articles of incorporation, etc.) with this application. No organization, including its auxiliaries, may receive more than 12 Special Licenses during a calendar year. Applicants for a Special License must be at least 21 years old. ONE DAY - A Special License is good for one day. The license will contain the time period for which it is granted. One Application and one Bond are acceptable for consecutive days of an event at the same location. However, a separate license fee is required for each day of the event. There are restrictions on the location where a Special License may be issued. CHURCH OR SCHOOL - No Special License may be issued on the premise of, or within 500 feet of, a church or school without the applicant obtaining approval from the authorized representative of the church or school. Part 1 of the application contains the approval space. MILITARY INSTALLATION- No Special License may be issued for locations on a military installation without the approval of the Armory Board of Control and the legislative body of the local governmental unit. Applicants who secure this approval must also agree to comply with all the rules and regulations of the Department of Military Affairs in addition to those of the Liquor Control Commission. DIAGRAM REQUIRED - Applicants must provide a detailed diagram of the area to be licensed to both the MLCC and to the local law enforcement office (whose approval must be obtained on Part I of the Application for Special License). The diagram must show a clearly marked area for sales and consumption of alcoholic beverages. If the area is a park, mall, fairground, church grounds, arena, campus, parking lot, vacant lot, etc., the diagram must show the actual dimensions and indicate how the area is to be contained (fence) and indicate how the area will be policed (security provisions). LICENSED LOCATION- If the location where you are requesting a Special License is licensed, submit a letter from the licensee stating the license will be placed in escrow on (event date) while the Special License is in effect (due to the fact that the two licenses cannot be in operation at the same time) OR a diagram showing the area where the licensee will temporarily drop space in a portion of the building on (event date) for the Special License organization and a letter from the licensee requesting the drop space For organizations established less than one year: $50.00 for each separate, consecutive day of the event. If the event is held on a Sunday, an additional $7.50 Sunday Sales fee is required only if spirits are sold. For organizations established one year or more: $25.00 for each separate, consecutive day of the event. If the event is held on a Sunday, an additional $3.75 Sunday Sales fee is required only if spirits are sold. The fees must be paid by check, bank/postal money order (made payable to "State of Michigan/MLCC") or by credit card. DO NOT MAIL CASH. LC-510 (Rev. 04/11) AUTHORITY: MCL 436.1500 COMPLETION: Mandatory PENALTY: No License LARA is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids, services and other reasonable accommodations are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Qualifying Organizations License Period Location; Restrictions; Diagram Required License Fees American LegalNet, Inc. www.FormsWorkFlow.com APPLICATION (PART 1) This form is always required before the MLCC will consider an organization for a Special License. The application must be signed by the President and Secretary of the organization, and notorized. The local police or sheriff who has primary jurisdiction must approve the Application for Special License before it is sent to the Commission for consideration. This approval is to certify that the proposed licensed premises meet all local health and sanitation requirements. ALLOW SUFFICIENT TIME FOR CONSIDERATION OF THE APPLICATION BY THE LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY. Remember to submit a diagram with the application. Type of event - describe the type of event being held, i.e., dance, wine tasting, Vegas night, euchre tournament, Texas hold 'em games, etc. Enclosures BOND (PART 2) Diagram- The MLCC must receive a diagram (described on the preceding page) with the Application before it will be considered for approval. Non-Profit Organization- If the organization is not a local chapter of a national organization or one that previously has been approved by the Commission, please attach a copy of the proof of nonprofit status (with by-laws, articles of incorporation, etc.) to Part 1 of the Application for Special License. Check- Attach a check, bank/postal money order or credit card authorization form. A 60-day acceptable bond is required with each application. This Bond section is to be completed by a bonding /insurance agency. Attach the original bond (with Power of Attorney form) to PART 1 of the application. The bonding company should keep a copy and the applicant organization should also keep a copy. EITHER THE PRESIDENT OR SECRETARY OF THE ORGANIZATION MUST ALSO SIGN THIS FORM. If the event is to be held on a Sunday and spirits (alcoholic liquor other than beer and wine) are to be sold, a separate Sunday Sales Affidavit is required to be submitted with Parts 1, 2, and 4. This form must be signed by eit
Link/Embed this Document

Popular Searches

  1. Petition for Administration
  2. deposition subpoena
  3. Request for entry of default
  4. bill of costs
  5. durable power of attorney
  6. Form Interrogatories-General
  7. Preliminary Change of Ownership Report
  8. Decree of Dissolution of Marriage
  9. proof of service of summons
  10. Income and Expense Declaration

Bookmark and Share