California > Local County > Contra Costa > Fee Dispute

Notice Of Clients Right To Arbitration - California

Notice Of Clients Right To Arbitration Form. This is a California form and can be used in Fee Dispute Contra Costa Local County .
 Fillable pdf Last Modified 1/21/2002
Get this form for FREE as a print-only pdf

Notice of Client's Right to Arbitration Client's Name: Client's Address: o I have filed a lawsuit against you in the ___________________________________________________ Court _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Address Case No. o I have filed an arbitration proceeding against you with the ____________________________________ Agency ______________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______ Address Case No. o I intend to file a lawsuit or arbitration against you regarding your failure to pay my fees and/or costs for professional services in the amount of $ charged to you in the matter of____________________________________________________________. As an alternative to the above, you have the right under Sections 6200-6206 of the California Business and Professions Code to request arbitration of this fee dispute by an independent, impartial arbitrator or panel of arbitrators through a bar association program created solely to resolve fee disputes between lawyers and clients. You will LOSE YOUR RIGHT TO ARBITRATION UNDER THIS PROGRAM if: 1. YOU DO NOT FILE A WRITTEN APPLICATION FOR ARBITRATION WITH THE BAR ASSOCIATION WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM RECEIPT OF THIS NOTICE; OR YOU RECEIVE THIS NOTICE AND THEN EITHER (1) ANSWER A COMPLAINT I HAVE FILED IN COURT; OR (2) FILE A RESPONSE TO ANY ARBITRATION PROCEEDING THAT I HAVE INITIATED FOR COLLECTION OF FEES, AND/OR COSTS, WITHOUT FIRST HAVING SERVED AND FILED A REQUEST FOR ARBITRATION UNDER THIS PROGRAM; OR YOU FILE AN ACTION OR PLEADING IN ANY LAWSUIT WHICH SEEKS A COURT DECISION ON THIS DISPUTE OR WHICH SEEKS DAMAGES FOR ANY ALLEGED MALPRACTICE OR PROFESSIONAL MISCONDUCT. If I have already filed a lawsuit or arbitration, you may have the lawsuit or arbitration postponed AFTER you have filed an application for arbitration under this program. You can obtain a form to request arbitration from the local bar association if they have an approved fee arbitration program. The address of the Contra Costa County arbitration program is: Contra Costa County Bar Association 1001 Galaxy Way, Suite 102 Concord, CA 94520-5736 (925) 686-6900 The State Bar of California will conduct fee arbitration where there is no approved local program or if you believe you cannot receive a fair hearing before the local bar named above. If you need assistance, please contact Mandatory Fee Arbitration, State Bar of California, 180 Howard St., San Francisco, CA, 94105, (415) 538-2020. Date: Attorney: 2. 3. 2001 (C) American LegalNet, Inc.
Link/Embed this Document

Popular Searches

  1. dissolution of marriage
  2. civil cover sheet
  3. writ of execution
  4. visitation
  5. dismissal
  7. Declaration
  8. notice of motion
  9. request for dismissal
  10. notice of hearing

Bookmark and Share