Maryland > Statewide > Circuit Court > Family Law > Domestic Relations (Pro-Se) > General

Show Cause Order (Contempt) DR-53 - Maryland

Show Cause Order (Contempt) Form. This is a Maryland form and can be used in General Domestic Relations (Pro-Se) Family Law Circuit Court Statewide .
 Fillable pdf Last Modified 10/20/2015
Get this form for FREE as a print-only pdf

Circuit Court for City or County Case No. vs. Plaintiff's Name Defendant's Name (Form to be completed by Court) (CC-DR 53) UPON consideration of the Petition for Contempt and the facts asserted in the Petition, which are incorporated by reference herein, this court ORDERS the Plaintiff Defendant, SHOW CAUSE ORDER , to appear in person, in this Court for the following proceedings: PREHEARING CONFERENCE to be held on at a.m. p.m. in Room at , . CONTEMPT HEARING to be held on at a.m. This hearing will be held before a: MA JUDGE , pursuant to Maryland Rule 9-208(a)(1)(G) p.m. in Room at , . and to show cause, if any, why the Plaintiff/Defendant should not be granted the relief requested in the Petition for Contempt, provided that a copy of the Petition for Contempt and this Order shall be served on the Plaintiff/Defendant or his/her attorney of record in the following manner: pursuant to Maryland Rule 15-206 on or before the day of , day of . Any written answer shall be filed by the Plaintiff/Defendant on or before the , . If an Answer is not filed as directed or an Affidavit of Service is not filed at least 10 days prior to the hearing, the Court may cancel the show cause hearing. **NOTE: If the proposed Show Cause Order and Petition for Contempt are served after the date indicated above, but before the hearing date, the hearing may be canceled and a new hearing date set and notice sent to the parties. If the Order is not served prior to the hearing date, Petitioner must request that the Show Cause Order be reissued and failure to do so will result in the dismissal of the Petition for Contempt. NOTICE: If jail time is requested in the Petition, read the Notice on the back of the Show Cause Order. Serve on: Defendant Plaintiff Address Defendant's Attorney Plaintiff's Attorney Judge Date CC-DR 53 (Rev. /20 ) Page 1 of 2 American LegalNet, Inc. NOTICE TO THE PERSON ALLEGED TO BE IN CONTEMPT OF COURT (Jail Time Requested on Petition) 1. It is alleged that you have disobeyed a court order, are in contempt of court, and should go to jail until you obey the court's order. 2. You have the right to have a lawyer. If you already have a lawyer, you should consult the lawyer at once. If you do not have a lawyer, please note: (a) A lawyer can be helpful to you by: (1) explaining the allegations against you; (2) helping you determine and present any defense to those allegations; (3) explaining to you the possible outcomes; and (4) helping you at the hearing. (b) Even if you do not plan to contest that you are in contempt of court, a lawyer can be helpful. (c) If you want a lawyer but do not have the money to hire one, the Public Defender may provide a lawyer for you. } To find out if the Public Defender will provide a lawyer for you, you must contact the Public Defender after any prehearing conference or s hearing and at least 10 business days before the date of a hearing before a judge. If no prehearing conference or s hearing is scheduled, you should contact the Public Defender as soon as possible, at least 10 business days before the date of the hearing before the judge. The court clerk will tell you how to contact the Public Defender. } } (d) If you want a lawyer but you cannot get one and the Public Defender will not provide one for you, contact the court clerk as soon as possible. (e) DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE DATE OF YOUR COURT HEARING TO GET A LAWYER. If you do not have a lawyer before the court hearing date, the judge may find that you have waived your right to a lawyer, and the hearing may be held with you unrepresented by a lawyer. 3. IF YOU DO NOT APPEAR FOR A SCHEDULED PREHEARING CONFERENCE, MAGISTRATE'S HEARING OR COURT HEARING BEFORE THE JUDGE, YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO ARREST. CC-DR 53 (Rev. ) Page 2 of 2 American LegalNet, Inc.
Link/Embed this Document

Popular Searches

  1. abstract of judgment
  2. form interrogatories
  3. Affidavit of Indigency
  4. motion for continuance
  6. order of protection
  7. quit claim deed
  8. Case Management Statement
  9. Civil Case Cover Sheet
  10. modification of child support

Bookmark and Share