California > Judicial Council > Domestic Violence Prevention

How Do I Turn In Sell Or Store My Firearms DV-800-INFO JV-252-INFO - California

How Do I Turn In Sell Or Store My Firearms Form. This is a California form and can be used in Domestic Violence Prevention Judicial Council .
 Fillable pdf Last Modified 6/27/2014
Get this form for FREE as a print-only pdf

DV-800-INFO/JV-252-INFO How Do I Turn In, Sell, or Store My Firearms? 1 What is a firearm? A firearm is a · Shotgun · Handgun · Assault Weapon · Rifle 2 If you own or have a firearm, you must: · Turn it in to local law enforcement, or · Sell it to, or store it with, a licensed gun dealer. 3 How do I sell or store my firearm? Find a licensed gun dealer in your area. Look under "Firearms Dealers" in your local Yellow Pages or on the Internet. Make sure the dealer is licensed. 4 How do I take my firearm to law enforcement? Call your local law enforcement agency to ask about their procedures. Take a copy of the restraining order with you. Go directly to the law enforcement agency. Do not go anywhere else with firearms in your vehicle! 5 If I turn my firearm in to law enforcement, how long will they keep it? Ask the law enforcement agency. 6 After I give my firearm to law enforcement, can I change my mind? Yes. You are allowed to make one sale through a licensed gun dealer. To do this, a licensed gun dealer must present a bill of sale to your local law enforcement agency. The law enforcement agency will give the licensed gun dealer the firearm you are selling. 7 Do I have to pay the law enforcement agency to keep my firearm? You may have to pay the agency for keeping your firearm. Contact your local law enforcement agency and ask if a fee is charged. The agency will tell you how much you need to pay. 8 Questions? Call your local law enforcement agency: [insert local information here] Judicial Council of California, Revised July 1, 2014 How Do I Turn In, Sell, or Store My Firearms? DV-800-INFO/JV-252-INFO, Page 1 of 1 (Domestic Violence Prevention/Juvenile) American LegalNet, Inc.
Link/Embed this Document

Popular Searches

  1. civil cover sheet
  2. name change
  3. writ of execution
  4. visitation
  5. lien
  6. dismissal
  8. notice of motion
  9. Declaration
  10. notice of hearing

Bookmark and Share