California > Judicial Council > Domestic Violence Prevention

How Do I Turn In Or Sell My Firearms DV-800-INFO JV-252-INFO - California

How Do I Turn In Or Sell My Firearms Form. This is a California form and can be used in Domestic Violence Prevention Judicial Council .
 Fillable pdf Last Modified 12/30/2011
Get this form for FREE as a print-only pdf

DV-800-INFO/JV-252-INFO 1 1 How Do I Turn In or Sell My Firearms? What is a firearm? A firearm is a · Handgun · Shotgun · Rifle · Assault Weapon 1 2 If you own or have a firearm, you must: · Turn it in to local law enforcement or · Sell it to a licensed gun dealer 3 How do I sell my firearm? Find a licensed gun dealer in your area. Look under "Firearms Dealers" in your local Yellow Pages or on the Internet. Make sure the dealer is licensed. 1 4 1 How do I take my firearm to law enforcement? Call your local law enforcement agency to ask about their procedures. Take a copy of the restraining order with you. Go directly to the law enforcement agency. Do not go anywhere else with firearms in your vehicle! 1 5 If I turn my firearm in to law enforcement, how long will they keep it? Ask the law enforcement agency. 1 6 After I give my firearm to law enforcement, can I change my mind? Yes. You are allowed to make one sale through a licensed gun dealer. To do this, a licensed gun dealer must present a Bill of Sale to your local law enforcement agency. The law enforcement agency will give the licensed gun dealer the firearm you are selling. 1 7 Do I have to pay the law enforcement agency to keep my firearm? You may have to pay the agency for keeping your firearm. Contact your local law enforcement agency and ask if a fee is charged. The agency will tell you how much you need to pay. 1 8 Questions? Call your local law enforcement agency: [insert local information here] DO: DO: DO: · unload your firearm. ··unloadyour firearm. unload your firearm. · put your firearm in the trunk. ··put your firearm inin the trunk. put your firearm the trunk. leave firearm the policeuntil told ··call ahead toinin the trunk until told · leave firearm the trunk what to do by department law enforcement what to do by law enforcement ·call ahead to the police · call ahead to the police department department DO NOT: ·DO NOT:loaded firearm to the law bring a DO NOT: enforcement agency. the law ·· bring aaloaded firearm to to the law bring loaded firearm · bring ammunition with the enforcementagency. enforcement agency. · bring ammunition with theit in. · firearm when youwith the firearm bring ammunition turn firearm when you in · put your firearm in. ait in. when you turn it turn locked · put your firearm in a locked · glove compartment. locked glove put your firearm in a glove compartment. · bring a firearm to court. compartment. to court. · bring a firearm · bring a firearm to court. Judicial Council of California, New January 1, 2012 How Do I Turn In or Sell My Firearms? (Domestic Violence Prevention/Juvenile) DV-800-INFO/JV-252-INFO, Page 1 of 1 American LegalNet, Inc.
Link/Embed this Document

Popular Searches

  1. quit claim deed
  2. lien
  3. cover sheet
  4. Writ of Garnishment
  5. settlement
  6. continuance
  7. statement of claim
  8. name change
  9. modification of child support
  10. claim of exemption

Bookmark and Share