Summons Summary Process Eviction {JD-HM-32} | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | Connecticut

 Connecticut   Statewide   Housing 
Summons Summary Process Eviction {JD-HM-32} | Pdf Fpdf Doc Docx | Connecticut

Last updated: 6/24/2019

Summons Summary Process Eviction {JD-HM-32}

Start Your Free Trial $ 13.99
200 Ratings
What you get:
  • Instant access to fillable Microsoft Word or PDF forms.
  • Minimize the risk of using outdated forms and eliminate rejected fillings.
  • Largest forms database in the USA with more than 80,000 federal, state and agency forms.
  • Download, edit, auto-fill multiple forms at once in MS Word using our Forms Workflow Ribbon
  • Trusted by 1,000s of Attorneys and Legal Professionals


Receipt Signed (Sign and "X" proper box) Case Type (From Judicial Branch code list)SUMMONS SUMMARY PROCESS (EVICTION) JD-HM-32 Rev. 4-19 C.G.S. 247 51-348; P.B. 247 8-1 Instructions: 1. Type or print legibly. If you are a self-represented party, this form must be signed by a clerk of the court. 2. If there is more than one defendant, make a copy of the summons for each additional defendant. Each copy of the summons must show who signed the summons and when it was signed. Also, if there are more than two plaintiffs or four defendants, complete the Civil Summons Continuation of Parties (form JD-CV-2) and attach it to the original and all copies of the complaint. 3. Attach the summons to the complaint, and attach a copy of the summons to each copy of the complaint. 4. After service has been made by a proper officer, file the original papers and the officer's return with the clerk of court. For more information on Summary Process (Eviction) Cases and to find the correct court location to file this case, see Rights and Responsibilities of Landlords and Tenants in Connecticut (form JDP-HM-31) or visit Any proper officer; by authority of the State of Connecticut, you are hereby commanded to make due and legal service of this summons and attached complaint. Return Date (Month, day, year) (Any day but Sundays and legal holidays)Notice to each defendantFor the plaintiff(s) enter the appearance of: For Court Use Only File DateIf this summons is signed by a clerk: a. The signing has been done so that the plaintiff(s) will not be denied access to the courts. b. It is the responsibility of the plaintiff(s) to see that service is made in the manner provided by law. c. The clerk is not permitted to give any legal advice in connection with any lawsuit. d. The clerk signing this summons at the request of the plaintiff(s) is not responsible in any way for any errors or omissions in the summons, any allegations contained in the complaint, or the service of the summons and complaint. I certify I have read and understand the above: Docket Number Signed (Self-represented plaintiff) Signature of Plaintiff (if self-represented) H 001. You are being sued for possession of the premises you occupy. 2. This paper is a summons in a summary process (eviction) action. 3. The complaint attached to these papers states the grounds for eviction claimed by the plaintiff. 4. To respond to this summons, or to be notified of further proceedings, you or your attorney must file a form called an Appearance (form JD-CL-12) with the clerk at the above court address on or before the second day after the above Return Date. 5. If you or your attorney do not file a timely written Appearance form, a judgment may enter against you by default. If that happens, the plaintiff will have the right to evict you from the premises. 6. You can get the Appearance (form JD-CL-12) at the court address above or online at 7. Each court location can give you an informational pamphlet (JDP-HM-15) explaining the summary process (eviction) action and an Answer (form JD-HM-5) so that you may file an answer to the plaintiff's claims. You can also get the pamphlet and Answer form online at 8. If you have questions about the summons and complaint, you should talk to an attorney promptly. The clerk of court is not allowed to give advice on legal questions; however, in Housing Session locations only, the clerk can give procedural assistance to all self-represented parties. STATE OF CONNECTICUT SUPERIOR COURT www.jud.ct.govMajorMinor NOTICE TO OCCUPANT(S) NOT NAMED ON THE SUMMONS If you claim to have a right to continue to occupy the premises you should complete and file with the clerk's office a Claim of Exemption (form JD-HM-3) as soon as possible. You can get the Claim of Exemption from the clerk at the address listed below or online at Fee Judicial District Housing Session At (Town) Address of court (Number, street, town and zip code) Telephone number of clerk Date Commissioner of Superior Court Clerk Name of person signing Name and address of attorney, law firm or plaintiff if self-represented (Number, street, town and zip code) Telephone number Juris Number (If attorney or law firm) Date signed No YesThe attorney or law firm appearing for the plaintiff, or the plaintiff if self-represented, agrees to accept papers (service) electronically in this case under Section 10-13 of the Connecticut Practice Book. E-mail address for delivery of papers under Section 10-13 of the Connecticut Practice Book (if agreed to) Parties First plaintiff Additional plaintiff First defendant Additional defendant Additional defendant Additional defendant Name (Last, First, Middle Initial) and address of each party (Number; Street; P.O. Box; Town; State; Zip; Country, if not USA) P-01 P-02 D-01 D-02 D-03 D-04 Name: Address: Name: Address: Name: Address: Name: Address: Name: Address: Name: Address: Number of plaintiffs: Number of defendants: Form JD-CV-2 attached for additional parties For information on ADA accommodations, contact a court clerk or go to American LegalNet, Inc.

Related forms

Our Products